Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

On the last day of Term 3 Room 5 had a challenge where we had to build the highest tower. We were allowed 20 straws and one paper clip and our finished tower had to balance a marble on top. We started off very enthusiastically but soon realised it actually wasn't as easy as we first thought! We had to work in groups and some of us did this better than others, but this is something we will work on : ) It was alot of fun and in the end George, Rikki-Dean and Rikesh were the winners with T.K., Isaiah and Soni (with a bit of help in the end by Dayton) coming in 2nd place. I wonder how big you could make a tower??
The girls working hard to solve the problem
Strategies coming into play!
If all else fails.... SMILE!
Our final results

Our 2nd place
.....AND OUR WINNERS!!







7 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Room 5, My name is Tehanah I am 10 years old and I go to Tautoro school.
    That looked very fun and hard. Were you allowed to make any tower or were you only allowed do the same one? nice work. Here is a link to my blog ` tstehanahwm.blogspot.co.nz don't forget to comment. Ka Pai To Mahi Nga Tamariki o Rooma Rima. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tehanah,Thanks for commenting,We were allowed to do any tower we wanted to do as long as we used the paper clip,the 20 straws and a marble.I will check your blog out.Thanks Bye:)

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora, my name is Lani and I am from Ohaeawai School, I am really surprised on how high some of you could build your towers!! And well done to the winners! anyway I look forward to hearing more from you

    Lani P.s. and if you want check my blog out at http://oslanis.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lani thank you for commenting on our site.Making high towers is pretty fun.It was so hard to make it high and strong enough to hold the marble.Comment back soon.Good bye

      Delete
  3. Kia ora room 5, I'm in room 5 at Tautoro School I think this an awesome game to play I think our class should give it a go. oh and well done to those winners!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvette
      My name is Leonard. Thank you for commenting on our blog. I think that your class will enjoy working out how to make a tower.I found putting the marble on the top the hardest.Bye

      Delete
  4. Hi my name is Liam thanks for the link.We were allowed to do different towers. I liked your blog.
    I didn't even know that eels can live up to 100 years,I thought they lived up to 20 years. So I guess you were the closest.

    ReplyDelete